I never was one to make New Year’s resolutions. For whatever reason, I always thought it was lame. I think it was the idea that you need any sort of date on a calendar, to decide to do something different in your life.
These days I think it makes perfect sense, and the new year is a great fresh beginning to dream big and make some goals to accomplish throughout the year. Because of how quickly life goes by, and how easy it is to just go years on auto-pilot without ever doing the things you really want to. I have found that actually writing things down, and expressing them in words, is a pretty powerful way to remember and focus on the things you would like to see happen.
So, as I reach the end of January and also approach my 32nd birthday, I have been taking the time to decide which goals I am going to tackle this year! I would love to be able to accomplish even more things than this, but I figured that anything extra could just be a bonus of top! I want to dream big, but also be realistic about how many new things I can incorporate at a time. Here is my list so far:
- Go to a blogging conference
- Decorate and organize each room in our home, one room at a time
- Start practicing yoga
- Try to make daily quiet time a habit
- Get rid of any clutter, and donate all unused items
- Do once a month shopping at Costco. Further trim the budget for groceries without sacrificing quality. Prep items in advance. Try to set myself up for success so I don’t resort to unhealthy options for meals, especially on the go.
- Read at least two books a month. Thinking about reading 1 theological/christian book, and 1 book in any other category. Break it down into small daily chunks.
- Listen to podcasts and audiobooks while getting ready for the day, or doing housework. Maximize the time instead of just listening to music.
- Switch over any remaining conventional personal or household products to non-toxic ones
- Actually find natural hair care products that make my hair look awesome
- Blog consistently, at least one post per week
- Research monthly natural beauty boxes, and subscribe to one
These are some of the goals I have thought of so far, I will definitely be blogging about most of these things as I accomplish them! What are some of your goals for 2016?? I would love to hear!